Second IEEE SPS Italy Chapter Summer School on Signal Processing
The second edition of the “IEEE SPS Italy Chapter Summer School on Signal Processing” is intended to provide to its attendants a broad perspective on fundamentals topics in the signal processing domain, thanks to the participation of many Italian and International renowned experts. The expected audience includes graduate students, early stage researchers, and practitioners working in the research areas of signal processing.
Specifically, the school will propose two different types of lectures organized in two tracks:
- a Standard Track focusing on "Novel Signal Processing Algorithms and Techniques", where an insight on basic general issues of wide use will be given;
- a Special Track dedicated to “3D Content Information Processing. From Capture to Delivery”, with lectures presenting the fundamental instruments for processing the information related to 3D contents.
In this Second Edition, the school will have an excellent group of eight speakers including:
- Dr. Akihiko K. Sugiyama, an IEEE SPS Distinguished Lecturer, giving his talk on “30 Years of Audio Coding: How we arrived at audio playback in iPhone and itsă€€underlying technology” on July 7th, 2014;
- Prof. Josef Kittler, an EURASIP Fellow, giving his lecture on “Signal processing for anomaly detection” on July 8th, 2014;
- Prof. Sergios Theodoridis, an EURASIP Fellow, giving his lecture on “Pattern Recognition: Principles and Beyond” on July 11th, 2014.
The attendants will have the opportunity to learn and study innovative algorithms and systems in the signal processing area, in an interactive and stimulating way: each day, after the lectures, the speakers will be available for face-to-face discussions regarding the issues covered in their talks. The venue has been chosen to stimulate in this sense the interaction between the students and the speakers.
The students are also encouraged to present their research activity in a demo/poster session, in order to foster the interaction between the participants and the lecturers.
A final test, in the form of a multiple choice test with a list of questions suggested by the lecturers, will be submitted in the last day of the school for allowing the students to earn academic credits associated to the attended summer school.
Key organizers / Committees
The Second Edition of the “IEEE SPS Italy Chapter Summer School on Signal Processing” is organized by the University “Roma Tre” of Rome, Italy. Specifically, the list of organizers is the following:
- Prof. Alessandro Neri,
- Prof. Patrizio Campisi,
- Dr. Marco Carli,
- Dr. Emanuele Maiorana,
- Dr. Federica Battisti,
- Dr. Anna Maria Vegni.
The School is also directed by a a Steering Committee formed by leading experts in the field of signal processing from different Italian Universities, members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society Italy Chapter and of the Italian National Telecommunications and Information Technologies Group (GTTI):
- Prof. Mauro Barni (University of Siena, Italy),
- Prof. Francesco G.B. De Natale (University of Trento, Italy),
- Prof. Riccardo Leonardi (University of Brescia, Italy),
- Prof. Enrico Magli (Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy),
- Prof. Carlo Regazzoni (University of Genova, Italy),
- Prof. Stefano Tubaro (Polytechnic University of Milan, Italy),
- Prof. Alessandro Neri (University “Roma Tre” of Rome, Italy),
- Prof. Patrizio Campisi (University “Roma Tre” of Rome, Italy),
- Dr. Marco Carli (University “Roma Tre” of Rome, Italy).
The Second Edition of the “IEEE SPS Italy Chapter Summer School on Signal Processing” is co-sponsored by the IEEE Signal Processing Society Italy Chapter and by the Italian National Telecommunications and Information Technologies Group (GTTI).
The First Edition of the "IEEE SPS Italy Chapter Summer School on Signal Processing" has been organized in Riotorto, Italy, September 1 - 6, 2013.